Rwanda's Liberation Trail
The Liberation History Tourism Trail is a monumental part of Rwanda’s history and heritage that was lauched to the public in August 2019. It consists of a collection of sites and trails in 29 sites in six districts of the country that were significant in the War on National Liberation that commenced in 1st October 1990 and ended on 4th July 1994.
RDB in collaboration with the Ministry of Defense / Rwanda Defense Force initiated the development of the Liberation History Tourism Trail in 2018 as a potential new tourism product that traces the route of the Rwanda Patriotic Army’s liberation struggle from October 1990-1994
We aim to increase awareness of the liberation struggle history.
We aim to promote heritage and cultural tourism.
We aim to boost domestic tourism in Rwanda.
Increase tourism traffic and tourism revenues in Rwanda.
New updates regarding Liberation Trail activities.
Get It Now
You can easily buy your ticket, get news updates and more information on all the Liberation trails and sites on your mobile phone.
Everything you need to know on Liberation Trail.
Our is dedicated to end consumers to help them get quick access to the Liberation trail.
1. You can get information on the liberation history of Rwanda.
2. You can het a virtual tour guide to any site in the Liberation trail.
3. You can locate any site in the Liberation trail. 4. You can get recommendations of other sites.
1. Go on browse site
2. Select a site and click on buy ticket.
3. You will be able to see options that will require you to fill.
4. Yo will then go to payment page where you will have options of payment like Mobile money.
5. After, you will get a QR code that you will use for entry in your desired destination.
All the content in Liberation Trail is reliable. The app is certified by RBD and Rwanda Defence Force.
On Liberation Trail, you have access to sites, tour guides and facilities like hotels, Lodges etc.